Search this blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Review: Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder


Release Date: April 1, 2010
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: Insider #1
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 315
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
Format: Paperback
Source: Borders
Buy This At: Amazon








I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.

If you've ever watched Pale Cocoon, Inside Out is a lot like that. A world with levels of metal and pipes. One of the big differences between Pale Cocoon and Inside Out is the ideal of information.

Inside Out has two classes: Scrubs are the lower class that is sought to clean and produce more workers. And the Uppers, who are more-so thought of as high-class society and work more with electrics, technology, and all that jazz. But there are two groups that both levels need to look out for: the Pop Cops and the Controllers. If one is out of line, you'd either be punished or fed to the Chomper.

The story line was very interesting and deeply involved. Something I had to calculate since instead of days they go by weeks, always work with tens more than anything else, and calculating age in weeks was hard for me to keep up with but made main character Trella's world different.

The relations between Trella and Riley was overall adorable and whenever they talked or when he told her about Sheepy, I couldn't help but AWW at those moments.

Everything was fast paced and every chapter kept me on the edge of my seat. The ending was a huge cliffhanger and waiting for Outside In is going to be a tough one for me! 

First Line: A vibration rippled through my body.

Story: A

Cover: A