Search this blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Review: Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

Release Date: July 12, 2011
Publisher: Delcatore Press
Series: Kate Grable #1
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 201
Genre: Fantasy, Horror, Zombies

Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steroids are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate!   

     She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town. . . and stay hormonally human.
*I purchased this book from Barnes and Noble*
READ IT.

Oh my God was this such an engrossing book. Hilarious, witty, quirky, and ZOMBIES who doesn't love a good zombie book? I for one am a zombie-loving-freak and this book hit a home run out of my field. 

The characterization was amazing, the conversations were realistic, Kate's narrative cracked me up from time to time and her heroics were kick-ass! When a zombie virus strikes my home town I would definitely call Kate for her wise words of wisdom, her being the biology genius and all.

It's a short read and it definitely packs a punch for its length. Correct me if i'm wrong, and trust me, i'm not, but great things come in small packages and this one was a doozy of a small package!

Zombies, comedy, flesh eating, homecoming, its a teenage fantasy and it should be on your TBR list this minute!

First Line: "You're one of those genius types," said Coach, nudging me with a beefy elbow.

Story:

Cover:

3 comments :

Anna said...

I've been interested in this one for awhile now, it looks really good! I love that cover :) Awesome review, I'm definitely a lot more interested now! :)

Katharyn Vela said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I was a bit hesitant to read it but now I feel like I should!

Jeanz said...

Thanks for the great info on the book. I have this book on my book shelf, I love the frosted lips cover! and having read your review I think I'll be moving this one up my reading list (:so many books so little time lol, I don't know how you feel but I could do with extra hours in the day for reading! )

Post a Comment

Courtney @ Storybook Slayers