Search this blog

Friday, September 30, 2011

Review: .hack // Legend of the Twilight by Tatsuya Hamazaki

.hack // Legend of the Twilight by Tatsuya Hamazaki
Series: .hack // Legend of the Twilight #1
Released: September 9, 2003
Publisher: Tokyopop
Artist: Rei Idumi
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Paperback
Old-fashioned role-playing games have experienced a renaissance on the World Wide Web. Twins Rena and Shugo are two middle-school students who enter 'The World' as level one game characters. When Shugo's character dies, he is transported to another level where he is entrusted to bear the Twilight Bracelet by the mysterious Aura. Shugo must find out who Aura is and why she gave him this powerful weapon to protect his sister from the peculiar characters in 'The World'.
For a video game lover, this manga was worth my while. I wish that modern video game MMORPG games would be as intense as The World here in the universe of .hack and if it was I possible would lose all ties to my social life. No joke there.

Rena and Shugo have won famous game characters to a new game called The World. There, entering the MMORPG they face what usually happens: fighting monsters. Though in the process of saving his sister, Shugo's character dies. There he meets a young girl that enforces a bracelet upon his wrist and recites that he to carry on the legend of the dot hackers. 

I have finished the Legend of the Twilight series of the .hack universe but have yet to expand into its other series such as G.U.+, Alcore, etc. I do plan to eventually when my cluster of books dwindle in size, and the .hack  series are definitely up there on the list of graphic novels. The story-line and the artwork are one of its interesting features that has kept me interested. I just love the faces of the characters when Idumi puts them in a chibi form. Just so cute!

As well, the characters  have those personalities that just draw you in. You can't help but adore every one including those who are the antagonists of the books. And the emails before the beginning of different sections were enjoyable to read, definitely a check on creative and adorable.

Four targets slayed

2 comments :

Jen Witch said...

So funny. I've actually never read this manga but I remember that I bought the game when it first came out. It was a lot of fun. I don't think I ever finished it. I'm sure I wandered of to a final fantasy game.

aparajita said...

i haven't read the whole thing or seen the whole anime but this is totally one of my favorite series besides Cardcaptor Sakura, Pokemon, Digimon, Ruroni Kenshin, Bleach and the rest

Post a Comment

Courtney @ Storybook Slayers