Search this blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Review: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan


Release Date: June 12, 2005
Publisher: Miramax
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 377
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Mythology
Format: Paperback
Source: Borders








After getting expelled from yet another school for yet another clash with mythological monsters only he can see, twelve-year-old Percy Jackson is taken to Camp Half-Blood, where he finally learns the truth about his unique abilities: He is a demigod, half human, half immortal. Even more stunning: His father is the Greek god Poseidon, ruler of the sea, making Percy one of the most powerful demigods alive. There's little time to process this news. All too soon, a cryptic prophecy from the Oracle sends Percy on his first quest, a mission to the Underworld to prevent a war among the gods of Olympus.

Me and mythology, it's like bread and butter ha-ha. Percy Jackson I have been reading since I was young so I grew into the series because of it and Rick Riordan makes it easy to fall into the steps of the characters and enjoy their experiences.

Now I think that learning that you're a demigod to Poseidon is pretty beast and I think that Percy is a lucky duck to be that demigod. I would kill to go to camp Half-Blood, I wish I could now since I'm not really doing anything this summer and camp sounds like fun times. Playing war games -- epic fun times 

One of my favorite lines from the book: "It's a pen." but look no further Percy, thy pen is a sword. Sickest weapon, you'd never expect it. 'Wut? A pen, srsly?" /opens pen to badass sword. "Oh @$*" that's what i call taking the enemy by surprise. Love Percy. :) 

First Line: Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood. 

Story: S

Cover: A

3 comments :

Lyrical Brown said...

I'm glad you liked Percy Jackson, they are really good stories, a really original idea. Have you/are you going to read the others in the series?

Shortskie said...

Yes i shall! I purchased every single one so I'm working on it

Lyrical Brown said...

Good news! I'm up to book 4 and really need to get back to this series soon. I also want to read The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan, looks good too!

Post a Comment

Courtney @ Storybook Slayers