Search this blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Review: Shiver by Maggie Steifvater

Shiver by Maggie Steifvater


Release Date: August 1, 2009
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 400
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance
Format: Paperback
Source: Borders
Buy This At: Amazon







Grace and Sam share a kinship so close they could be lovers or siblings. But they also share a problem. When the temperature slips towards freezing, Sam reverts to his wolf identity and must retreat into the woods to protect his pack. He worries that eventually his human side will fade away and he will left howling alone at the lonely moon. A stirring supernatural teen romance.

Adorable in every way possible! I'm very picky when it comes to romancey type novels but this one took my heart. And i'm glad that I blockaded Twilight werewolves from my thoughts when reading this because it would have ruined the whole story for me.

The lyrical style of writing that Maggie Stiefvater uses in this story is absolutely darling and I must say, she had me lingering on ever word. Sam was adorable and had me wishing that my boyfriend would pick me up from school or drive me to a book store or a candy palace. Sigh, the realistic notions of my life that aren't meant to merge with the fantasy that i would love to live. Grace was a cute female protag who, I must say, irked me in the beginning but I adored towards the end. And not to be weird or anything but when Isabel entered the story all I could think of in her place of a character blend in the beginning was Jenna from Pretty Little Liars, I don't know why, I just did.

One part in the book that really made me sick was when Sam talked about the dogs. Those who've read Shiver know exactly what I'm talking about. It just made me sad, irked me, and skeeved me as well.

Well, it's time to grab the monies and hit the bookstore to get Linger to revamp my Sam addiction (; 

First Line: I remember lying in the snow, a small red spot of warm going cold, surrounded by wolves.

Story: S

Cover: S

2 comments :

Anna said...

This is a great series! I'm reading Forever right now, and I'm really enjoying it :)

Stephanie Verhaegen said...

I liked Shiver but I wasn't like amazed or something by it. Honestly I had expected more.
great review! :)

Post a Comment

Courtney @ Storybook Slayers