Search this blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: April 24, 2012
Pages: 272
Series: Deadly Cool #2















Twittercide [twit-er-sahyd]: the killing of one human being by another while the victim is in the act of tweeting. 
Call me crazy, but I figured writing for the Herbert Hoover High Homepage would be a pretty sweet gig. Pad the resume for college applications, get a first look at the gossip column, spend some time ogling the paper's brooding bad-boy editor, Chase Erikson. But on my first big story, things went...a little south. What should have been a normal interview with Sydney Sanders turned into me discovering the Homecoming Queen-hopeful dead in her pool. Electrocuted while Tweeting. Now, in addition to developing a reputation as HHH's resident body finder, I'm stuck trying to prove that Sydney's death wasn't suicide.
I'm starting to long for the days when my biggest worry was whether the cafeteria was serving pizza sticks or Tuesday Tacos...

Deadly Cool had caught my eye and even it's sequel sparkles like a diamond. These are quirky contemporary books that leaves a stupid grin on your face. I love books that will make me do that! And the cover is really nice. The text even blew me away. Mark up those TBR piles because this one should be fitting snugly! Everyone loves a comfy-cozy TBR book :3

2 comments :

Amanda @Stuck In YA Books said...

Great pick, I still have to read Deadly Cool but the cover looks awesome:)

My WOW: http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

Mocha ღ Latte(Cupcake and a Latte) said...

Hurray!!!
We have Social Suicide in common, Courtney =)
MY W.O.W:http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday29_26.html

-Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte: YA Reviews

Post a Comment

Courtney @ Storybook Slayers