Search this blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Hops (12/2/11)




Follow Friday (#5)

Q: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don’t like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!


Oh goodness, there is one thing that peeves me are the "love at first sight" gimmicks in books. Can't stand them. Another thing that really irks me is lack of connection to a character. The only way that I can enjoy a story is if there is some way, shape, or form that I can connect on an emotion, psychological, or physical level.








        TGIF (#4)

 Writing Reviews 101: What's your process for writing book reviews? Any tips or suggestions you would recommend to other bloggers?

My process is read, let my thoughts and emotions settle, and then write  le review. Sometimes if there are review, I'll read what other bloggers saw as pros and cons and then incorporate my opinion to the matter or throw in something that wasn't touched upon.




7 comments :

Anna said...

Hahahah mine was the love at first sight crap too!! That always bugs me!

old follower<3

Anna @ Literary Exploration

Lan said...

I can't stand insta-love either! I see you're reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone at the moment. So am I and I'm finding it hard to continue despite loving the writing because of the insta-love. Bleh!

Great answer! I'm a new follower. My FF Post

Chrissie @ Once Upon a Series said...

Lol, I chose insta-love too! I think that is going to be a popular answer today!

New follower :)

Sagacity Quest said...

I agree with you about love at first sight! It's ridiculous!

Chapter by Chapter said...

I am totally with you when it comes to character developement. I have a hard time continuing a book that I feel no connection with.
New follower :)
MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter
@chapterxchapter

Kim said...

Great answer! I'm definitely agreeing with you on the whole love at first sight thing. It's so annoying how the main character is drawn to someone they don't even know!

New Follower.

Kim @ The Paper Planes

Jennifer L. Bielman said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Already a follower. Great answer. Happy FF.

Post a Comment

Courtney @ Storybook Slayers