Search this blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (6)




The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long
Publication Date: August 16, 2012
(Add to Goodreads)


The trees swallowed her brother whole. And Jenny was there to see it. Years later, when she returns to the woods where Tom was taken to say good-bye at last, she finds herself lured into a world where stunning beauty masks the most treacherous of evils, and strange and dangerous creatures await—creatures who seem to consider her the threat. Among them is Jack, mercurial and magnetic, with allegiances that shift as much as his moods. Determined to find her brother, with or without Jack’s help, Jenny struggles to navigate a faerie world where nothing is what it seems, no one is who they say, and she’s faced with a choice between salvation or sacrifice—and not just her own.




Such a captivating synopsis that sparks of originality. I enjoy reading books about the Fey and this definitely has my interesting growing. And with a beautiful cover displayed above, makes waiting this Wednesday even harder.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

13 comments :

ashelynn hetland said...

doesn't this one sound just flipping amazing?! and i love the cover so much. great pick!

Sarah (saz101) said...

I haven't seen this one before, BUT OH MY GOODNESS THAT BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL COVER!!

And oh my goodness, this sounds AMAZING. A seriously authentic old-fashioned fairy tale! <3

FABULOUS pick!

Anna said...

This one does look really awesome!! I'm definitely looking forward to it :) Great pick!! The cover is TO DIE FOR!!

Melina said...

What a gorgeous cover! The story sounds awesome too.

Samual said...

Oh! I love this cover! It sounds very good and very mysterious. Great choice! Thank you for sharing!

New follower!!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

Felicia said...

I've looked into this book before, but it seems a little too fantasy-ish for my taste. But I love the cover. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Livin' Life Through Books

Traci @ The Reading Geek said...

Thanks for stopping by. Great pick, I haven't heard of this one yet but I am adding it to my list. The cover is gorgeous.

Rebecca said...

Oh this is one I'm waiting on too! so excited for The Treachery of Beautiful Things! Thanks for stopping by my WoW:)

Actin' Up with Books said...

I've only read one book about faeries but this this one that I would definitely be interested in reading. Most of the books that I read are contemporary but I am always looking for different genres to read.

Natalia Belikov @ Dazzling Reads said...

I love this cover sooo freaking much!! Great pick! I pick this one several weeks ago! it looks sooo awesome!!! kyaaaaa cant wait!
thnx for stopping by ^^

Dazzling Reads

Giselle said...

Oooh I definitely have my eye on this one too that cover is just too lovely! <3

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Lindsay Cummings author said...

gorgeous, gorgeous cover!


here's my WOW post, with a ton of books I can't wait for!!

Stop by??!

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/wow-want-so-badly-i-might-die-edition.html

Brodie said...

I am CRAZY excited for this one!! The cover is so gorgeous and the plot sounds amazing. This is definitely one of my highly anticipated titles of 2012!

Post a Comment

Courtney @ Storybook Slayers