Search this blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (9)



Touched by Cyn Balog
Publication Date: August 14, 2012
((Add to Goodreads To-Read Shelf))


Nick Cross always listens to the voice in his head. Because if he doesn't? Things can go really, really wrong. Like the day he decided to go off script and save a girl from being run over . . . and let another one drown. Trying to change the future doesn't work.
But this summer at the Jersey Shore, something's about to happen that Nick never could have predicted. He meets a girl named Taryn and finds the Boock of Touch. Now the path that he thought he was on begins to shift . . . and there's no way to stop things from happening. Or is there?
In a life where there are no surprises, nothing has prepared Nick for what he's about to discover--or the choices he will be forced to make....

I really do adore the cover of this book but the synopsis happens to make me wishy-washy towards reading this. If I had to place his on a scale, the cover would bring my attention more than the synopsis. Now, I've had some experience with Cyn Balog's work and I am hoping to give this the benefit of the doubt. 

6 comments :

Mocha ღ Latte(Cupcake and a Latte) said...

0o0o! Touched! Excellent pick. I agree, the cover is wonderful!

My picks this week: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday38-purple-is-love.html

-★Wendy★
A Cupcake and a Latte: Young Adult Reviews!

Amanda @Stuck In YA Books said...

This looks good!! The cover is awesome!!

http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html

elena said...

Ah yeah, I get the same wishy washy vibe as you. Hopefully it'll turn out better than expected. If not, at least you can enjoy the cover. :)

My WoW!

Nina @ Death Books and Tea said...

I love the cover on this! It's an interesting synopsis...

Nina @ Death Books and Tea

Amy said...

Oh I saw this one a few weeks ago and it sounds really, really good. Thank you for sharing.

Samual said...

I do like the cover too! It is haunting and pretty. I like the sounds of the book! Great choice! Thank you for sharing!

Happy New Year!!

Sam

Post a Comment

Courtney @ Storybook Slayers