Search this blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Follow Friday (4/27/12)


*Leave a comment below with you're post. Follow and I'll follow back*

Follow Friday (#16)
Q: Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then “broke up” with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her.

There are so many characters that I've read that disappointed me so that I don't even think I can name them all. One character that I think disappointed me the most would have to be Bella from Twilight. She just killed the whole book for me. And mostly in manga I tend to hop around with characters like its a Chinese Buffet. 






 TGIF (#15)



Reading Blues: We all get them from time to time. What helps you overcome those reading slumps when nothing seems to grab your attention?


I usually just put a book aside and do other things like write, listen to music, do homework, play video games, hang out with friends, sit outside, swim. My list is practically endless. I usually get out of the slump and if not The Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother tends to captivate my attention.

13 comments :

Abria @ Shall Write said...

I totally agree about Bella. I think if she'd actually gone on to college and explored more of the world, she'd have been a more balanced character.

New GFC follower. My FF. 

TheReadingPenguin said...

Eh, I'm not a big Twilight fan. Bella is TSTL, and Edward isn't great either. Old follower.My Follow

Catie @ Movies in my Head said...

Bella depresses me as well

New follower :)

My FF

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I liked Bella throughout the series. Perhaps because I don't think of her as TSTL as other people do.
My Hop

Jessica@a GREAT read said...

I don't get into slumps myself. I force myself to stop to "socialize" or vege out when needed.

Bella annoyed me too in the books for a bit. By the time the movies came out, Kirsten totally ruined her, making her even worse.

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Ella said...

With Bella, i have a love-hate relationship.. more hate, than love. I can relate to her clumsiness and awkwardness, but her obsession for a guy it's too much.. waay too much. And i hear you with the manga, i'm the same if i don't like a character there and in almost every manga there's one i don't like.

Old follower ^^

Ella
Drop by my Feature and Follow? :)

Lori said...

I agree. As a female lead, Bella was a total let-down.
New follower :-)
Here's my FF

LibrarySnake said...

Ugh, Bella. 'Nough said.

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/follow-friday_27.html

Ashley said...

There's a lot of people ragging on Edward today. And I COMPLETELY agree with every single one of them! :P Happy Friday!

New Follower :)
http://quixoticallyuncharted.blogspot.com/2012/04/follow-friday_27.html

veela-valoom said...

I never liked Bella to begin with. She was a frustrating character.

My follow Friday. Please stop by!

Jennifer Messerschmidt said...

haha yeah Bella disappointed me. I wanted her to be stronger.
Old GFC follower
My FF

Anonymous said...

When sοmе one searches for his vital thing, so he/she wants to be aѵailаble that in detail, thus that thing is maintаinеd over here.


My weblog: hcg diet drops to buy

Anonymous said...

Τhіs is a toρic that's near to my heart... Take care! Exactly where are your contact details though?

Feel free to visit my site buy hcg drops

Post a Comment

Courtney @ Storybook Slayers