Search this blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Armchair BEA Introduction :)

I'm really excited to be a part of Armchair BEA this year. I've been dying to go to BEA for two year now, and even though I live only two hours away from New York City it is still a pricey trip and difficult travel wise whether I'd hop on a train back and forth for however many days I was to attend. The thing is: money. Something I don't really have at the moment because of college. Damn these higher institutions eating away at my hard earned savings! Thankfully the fine established event of Armchair BEA gives me a chance to have all the fun of BEA without being there. Hopefully next year I'll be able to attend!

Let's get this introduction underway with a little short and sweet Q & A:

+     +     +

"Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?"
First off, I am Courtney Ann and I also can go by the nickname of Shortskie, and I am the creator and own of this fine book blog of almost 2 years, Rondo of a Possible World. What really got me into blogging was the idea of this giant group of people who all share one thing in common: the love of books. I've been reading for years, I've had books scattered all around my room since I can remember. Reading is sort of in my blood. I had actually found a place to get my thoughts out there for others to read and talk about with. That was why I got into blogging.

"Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you."
I have a little obsession with pocket watches and music boxes.

"Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures."
I'm blogging from New York. Out on Long Island. In Suffolk County. One little tidbit about my town is that the high school that I went to is located behind a farm. But don't be fooled, because it is a really, really nice and large high school. No pictures, sorry folks! ;)

"What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?"
Right now I'm currently reading The Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin. And my favorite book of 2013 as of right now has to be Ink by Amanda Sun which comes out June 25 here in America. My review will be up on the blog for it on Thursday so don't forget to stop by!

"What is your favorite part about the book blogging community?"
I love the openness. Having to read what other people though about the books that I've read or books that I haven't even heard about. It's a great way to expand by meeting people and coming into contact with new choices of reads. I also enjoy the communication, where there is some, through blogs and the commenting. I love going through and reading posts, telling people my opinions and what I though about reviews and posts and thoughts and then getting a comment in return. It's a nice gesture that just makes me feel good inside. That people take the time to read the work that I put into these reviews and give good amount of thought to it as well.

+     +     +

Can't wait to enjoy the festivities and events during Armchair BEA. I hope everyone has a great day!