Search this blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Hops (5/24/13)



*Leave a comment below with you're post. Follow and I'll follow back*
With Google Friend Connect going away, don't forget to follow up with the blog with RSS and Bloglovin' and stay connected! 

Follow on Bloglovin 


Alison Can Read Feature & FollowFollow Friday (#34)
Q: The #FF is 150 weeks old! And we want to hear from you! What would you change about the hop? What do you like about it? Or just suggest a question to be used for next week!

I love this hop and the ability to meet new people and help traffic my blog. I always enjoy getting new followers, but the one thing that also is a downfall with the Follow Friday feature is that people can follow whoever the want, whenever they want, however they want. But what bloggers really aren't getting is what makes blogging worth blogging. Comments and being active. I love going around and seeing other people's blogs and taking the time to comment and hear back and establish a relationship with other bloggers. I feel that everyone is so focused on racking up their follower that they forget what really constitutes as blogging. It's not always about the followers, but about the interaction. And I miss that. And I wish that bloggers would tear down their walls and realize that sometimes they cannot always rely on features and memes to accumulate a readership but putting themselves out there and connect with other bloggers through words rather than pressing a button on Google Friend Connect or however anyone is following another.

I love getting the chance to meet other bloggers and I would love for people to take the time and read my hard work like I go around and read there's. I would love to talk about books with people and know what others think. I wish that the blogosphere could understand that you need to give in order to receive rather than think that people are going to wait on a line just to keep giving. It's a two-way street. I just wish more people understood that.