Search this blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (1): If Courtney was a part of a book club

*This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish*

This Week's Topic: Ten Books I'd Love to Read With My Book Club/If I Had A Book Club (or you could pick a specific kind of book club -- like if you had a YA book club or an adult book club or a science fiction book club etc.)


If I were to be in a book club there would be the top ten books I'd want to read in no specific order :)


1. Graceling by Kristin Cashore. I've been meaning to jump into this world for a while, having heard many great things. I think these books would made for a fantastic rendition in a book club if I were ever to join one.



2. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. This one hasn't come out just yet, but Eirini absolutely adored it, so I think I would as well. I have a review copy on hand, but I would love to read this with other people and get their perspectives and opinions.



3. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. I've started this one numerous times, but just never had the time of day or night to every finish the story. Would be fun to actually have a deadline on my hands so I could actually get through the novel.


4. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. I read this one, and I would read it a hundred times over. Definitely a book for a book club of mine!




5. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld. I loved the Uglies series, the Midnighters series, and even the Leviathan series. So anything by Scott Westerfeld has to be on the list.



6. Chasing Power by Sarah Beth Durst. Magnificent writer. I've been coming into contact with her books more recently. I loved Vessel, so I'm willing to give anything she writes a try.



7. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. I've heard mixed opinions of this book. Wanna read with others rather than with myself & see the general consensus.



8. Talon by Julie Kagawa. Yet another writer that I adore. Yet another book I've heard mixed reviews about. I enjoyed her Iron Fey books, and her Blood of Eden series. Would love to put this down on the Book Club table for opinions.



9. They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire. Contemporary/Mystery/Thriller books are always a fun one to read with friends.





 10. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. Another writer I absolutely adore and will read anything by. A shame I haven't read Poison Study yet, but I will!