Search this blog

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (2): Courtney's want-to-read Contemporary list

*This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish*

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I Haven't/Want To Read From X Genre (for example I feel like I'm pretty well read in contemporary YA but there are some STAPLES I can't believe I haven't read. Or if you just want to books you WANT to read in a particular genre..not necessarily long overdue)


I'm going to go with Contemporary since I have a long list and a craving for realistic fiction right about now. So here is my top 10 list of Contemporary novels that span a whole bunch of years.



1. Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan. I enjoy books about love, the meaning of love, and understanding what love actually is. The layers. So Love and Other Foreign Words is up my alley, and one that I need to read sometime soon.



2. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. Sealed love letters that have been inexplicably mailed. Sounds juicy, embarrassing beyond belief, and exciting.



3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I'm a fangirl at heat so this is my kinda book. No questions asked. Own it but still have yet to dive in.



4. Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer. Heck yeah smart girls taking challenges, tackling high school and what not! Strong girls FTW!




5. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith. I've read Jennifer E. Smith before, and her contemporary novel The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight really plucked at my heart. I'm sure this one will do the same.




6. The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder. Cover is gorgeous for one. And second, I've had my eye on this book since 2011. I like miracles and the struggle in believing in them.



7. I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios. I really like books that make work seem like fun. And I understand the struggle with money and college.



8. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Leviathan. Two writers that I enjoy back again at another love story. And I do enjoy some good dares.



9. Being Friends With Boys by Terra Elan McVoy. Boys are complicated. And so is being friends with them. But its fun to read when it's not happening to me.





 10. Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher. A pen pal on death row. A horrendous secret. I'm down.