Search this blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (4): Heroines are my drug

*This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish*

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Favorite Heroines From Books (Or you could pick movies/tv): We've done this topic before so you could always do heroines you love since the last time we did this topic, heroines in a particular genre, etc.


Since I can do movies and TV shows, I think I'm going to go ahead and do them too. I will try my best not to deter from novels made into movies. The order does not matter.

1. Sansa Stark from Game of Thrones


I've been watching the show on HBO and reading the books (I'm on book 3 right now) and I am just compelled by Sansa's story line. I love the chapters that have to do with Kings Landing, the political strife, and how Sansa is fighting her own battles as a women and prisoner of the court.

2. Hazel Grace Lancaster from The Fault in Our Stars


The movie made me cry harder than the book did. That's because in the book I was laughing and smiling along side Hazel, Augustus, and Isaac through all the video game scenes and the car egging. Don't get me wrong, I cried during the book. But I cried harder during the movie, and much more often. Pretty much every other scene in the movie. Music + sad scenes kills me emotionally. But Hazel Grace drew me in from page one. And I loved her character.

3. Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation


I've been watching this show with my brother during dinner time on Netflix, and I love Leslie. I mean, I love the whole cast, mainly Ron Swanson, but Leslie's over-the-top dedication, her stance towards the equal rights of women, and just how zany she is makes me smile and laugh until I fall out of my chair.

4. Jessica Day from New Girl


I aspire to be Jessica Day. All day, every day. I mainly love Jess and Schmidt. But since this is a post about heroines, Jess takes the spot. But Schmidt is a heroine in his own right in my mind :)

5. Rapunzel from Tangled


Tangled happens to be a movie close to my heart, and Rapunzel is just adorable, strong, and filled with so much life. I would never tire of watching this movie. She is hands-down one of my favorite Disney princesses.

6. Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series


A badass whose sword I would not like to have the pleasure of meeting. I am always on the edge of my seat when reading about Celaena's story, and I cannot wait to see how things turn up in the fourth book. I know my world will be rocked.

7. Lynn from the Not a Drop to Drink series


Another badass heroine whose grit and struggle for survival kept me on the edge of my seat. Lynn's struggle to keep her pond safe from scavengers in a world where water is scarce was riveting, and alone in this savage world where people and animals are threats at every corner, watching Lynn learn to trust and grow with people other than her mother made her one of my favorite characters to watch grow along the way.

8. Liesel Meminger from The Book Thief


This novel has always been close to my heart, and tore it to pieces a thousand times over. Liesel's journey, her strength and courage to learn and help and love and lose. How powerful she becomes when she gains the power of words. Doing this Top Ten Tuesday reopens the hole in my heart that this book has left, and I think it is time for me to fill it by rereading it again.

9. Alina Starkov from the Grisha series


Alina appealed to me over the three novels in the Grisha series. I found her a bit lackluster in the beginning, but as everything started to avalanche, Alina's fight against the Darkling was intense, captivating, and deliciously entertaining. She started to shine like the sun summoner she was .

10. Ruby, Blake, Yang, and Weiss from RWBY
 


These girls are so freaking kickass that I am in awe. Team RWBY for the freaking win! My heart goes out to Monty Oum, his will most definitely be missed, but his work will live on. And these four girls, as well as the amazing supporting cast will continue to kick ass and inspire many.