Search this blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday 86: Love, Lies, and Spies


Love, Lies, and Spies by Cindy Anstey
Release Date: April, 19, 2016
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18134015-storm
Juliana Telford is not your average nineteenth-century young lady. She’s much more interested in researching ladybugs than marriage, fashionable dresses, or dances. So when her father sends her to London for a season, she’s determined not to form any attachments. Instead, she plans to secretly publish their research.

Spencer Northam is not the average young gentleman of leisure he appears. He is actually a spy for the War Office, and is more focused on acing his first mission than meeting eligible ladies. Fortunately, Juliana feels the same, and they agree to pretend to fall for each other. Spencer can finally focus, until he is tasked with observing Juliana’s traveling companions . . . and Juliana herself.

I'm a sucker for black and white covers, keys, and London. Even though we are told they are not that "average" kind of people, I highly doubt that as fact. I'm still going to swoon anyway until I pick it up to read and face my gut feeling. Since I have all the time in the world to read now that I'm finished with college I know I will find myself being highly critical of all the novels I'll be reading, this one included.

But I can still love the cover art.